Still in a holding pattern

Sunday we took the train down to Moirax arriving in time for dinner and then quickly to bed. We rose at 4 am. Driving directly to Lyon we arrived around 12 and parked in the first place we could find downtown. Unfortunately for us it was at the opposite end of the blvd then we needed to be. We didn't realize this till we had walked quite a bit and asked directions. D's appt was at 12:30. We ended up scrambling to get there. I was worn to THE BONE! After dropping him off Marie and I wandered through the city. I took pics but have not had the chance to upload them yet. We visited the train station and it was gorgeous. Afterwards we went back to the 4x4 folded down the seats to make a bed and promptly fell asleep. He would be gone for hours as he and the directors were travelling to Grenoble. We were quite content in our little square where we had parked.A cafe on one corner, A little grocer across from us. Park benches in the middle with a little lawn. Even a free toilet right there at the opposite corner! It was the perfect spot to camp out for the afternoon. We filled our bags with goodies at the store, it was a middle eastern store so there was a case of wonderful baklava and other pastries at the cashiers. We had to sample them!
When D arrived back at the car it was 6pm. He did not have an answer. The managers of the consultant firm who wish to hire him are quite pleased with his skills and like him a lot. They have to get approval from their client though...who is who he would actually be working for. They travelled down to Grenoble to meet with the firms director who also was quite happy with his skills, although it took some convincing as his experience is small. Unfortunately they have to also consult with their client, the company who is working with them on the project. So we must wait to find out if his resume passed their validation. HE said it seems a very positive thing as it would be strange for them to hire a company to do their work and then not let them hire the people they want to do the project. IT is all very convoluted to me but I guess thats how it works here. The companies are quite big and it is a very good job. He would receive a good salary and we would be living in the gorgeous city of Grenoble. I guess it's worth jumping through a few hoops.
After he had a quick bite to eat we drove straight back to Bordeaux and arrived here around 1:30 am. It was the longest car trip. It seemed to stretch eternally. We were all so exhausted. Too tired to even make conversation but forced to to keep awake. We all fell into a deep sleep and I didnt wake till almost noon yesterday to an empty house. The others off to their jobs. Needless to say I was sore and slow. I did finish sorting my fabrics though and packing them into plastic bags. I dont wish to do too much in case this doesnt go through. I am trying to make things easier if it does though. I also wrapped and tied almost 70 skeins of floss last night. Today...I started dyeing it. I will try hard to get the pictures up tomorrow so you can see a bit of the trip and also some new colors.
Although I took stitching with me...my hand did not touch a needle the entire time I was gone. Sometimes you just have to take a breathe...
1 comment on "Still in a holding pattern"
  1. oh, don't you hate "hurry up and wait"???? i am SO keeping my hoofies crossed for you